Food Distribution & Emergency Services
UPDATE March 31, 2020: In response to the COVID 19 crisis we have compiled lists of area agencies, non profits, even restaurants that are offering free meals to care for families in need. Read carefully, different standards apply to each food event.
CHECK THE BLUE BARS TO YOUR LEFT; FREE FOOD LYNN AREA ENGLISH/ESPANOL.
In partnership with the Greater Boston Food Bank, LEO provides a monthly supplemental food distribution for income eligible senior citizens. Applications must be submitted and approved prior to the distribution date. Qualified recipients receive a combination of dry goods as well as fresh produce.
Rental Arrearage Assistance/Mortgage Arrearage Assistance
LEO has a limited amount of funding available to help individuals and families remain in their homes during challenging times.
- The household must have a current 14-day notice or be one month in arrears on the mortgage.
- The household must demonstrate a sufficient income to continue paying the rent or mortgage after assistance has been received.
- The landlord must agree not to evict or the bank must agree not to foreclose.
- Landlord (rental) or household (mortgage) must prove ownership of the property through a tax bill or similar document and complete an I-9.
- If the household receives a housing subsidy, LEO Inc. will pay only the tenant portion of the current month’s rent.
- The maximum benefit is $1,500 or one month’s current rent or mortgage payment, whichever is less.
Rental Assistance for First Month’s Rent:
LEO has a limited amount of funding available to assist individuals and families transitioning from homelessness.
- The household must be homeless.
- The household must have a valid rental agreement.
- The household must demonstrate a sufficient income to continue paying rent.
- The landlord must agree to provide 30 days service.
- The landlord must prove ownership of the property through a tax bill or similar document and complete an I-9.
- If the household receives a housing subsidy, LEO Inc. will pay only the tenant portion of the first month’s rent.
- Maximum benefit is $1,500 or one month’s current rent whichever is less.
- The household must apply for fuel assistance.
- The household may not have received EFSNP, United Way, Homebase, Raft, Boston Foundation or other available funding in the past two years.
Serving: Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus, and Swampscott