2021 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
We just wrapped up the VITA 2022 tax season for the 2021 tax year. Although we encountered staffing issues just as we were about to kick-off, we landed on our feet to finish a very successful season. We are so grateful to our staff and volunteers for their community dedication.
VITA by the Numbers
- Total Clients Assisted: 706 (drop-off & online via getyourrefund.org)
- LEO Clients: 578 (90 drop-off clients + 488 online clients)
- Zoom: 15 (assisted in preparing their own returns via zoom using IRS Free File)
- SSCAP: 113 (South Shore Community Action’s VITA closed early for lack of volunteers, but their online tax link was not deactivated so clients were still uploading tax documents. We reached over to the South Shore and picked up the last of their clients!
In the End…
- Households LEO Filed for Electronically or by Mail: 227
- Hundreds of clients work with us during tax season, but through the process it is determined they are either over the VITA income, out of scope, or that their income is government assistance and not taxable.
- Total Volunteer Hours: 539
Notice posted 4/28/22
We are still here! We have already stared taking appointments for households that need to file for the Advanced Child Tax Credit and/or Economic Impact Payments (aka Stimulus Payments from 2020 & 2021). Beginning Monday, May 9th through October (final date TBD, determined by the IRS) we will be taking 1 hour, in person appointments. Monday-Friday, 9-12pm & 1-3pm. Call today for your appointment: 781.309.5623 or 781.581.7220.
For further information or questions please contact Sandra Diaz at email@example.com
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA): Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals. VITA has operated for over 50 years, offering free tax help to those who need assistance preparing tax returns.
Why VITA? Filing taxes can be difficult, time consuming, and costly. If your household earns $58,000 or less annually, you are eligible for FREE tax prep and filing with our VITA program! Use the money you saved, plus your tax return, to plan into your future.
IRS Website: www.irs.gov Customer Service: 800-829-1040
Taxpayer Advocate Service: https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov Customer Service: 877-777-4778
Other IRS Free File Programs if AGI is over 58K: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free